Do You Have A Case?
Whether you have a viable False Claims Act case depends on a combination of factors:
- How clear is the falsity or fraudulent nature of the claim?
- What documentary proof is there of the falsity or fraudulent nature of the claim?
- Which witnesses support your allegations?
- Is the falsity or fraud material to the Government’s decision to pay the claim?
- What is the Government’s loss from the false or fraudulent claims?
- Are your claims based upon allegations or transactions that have been publicly disclosed in media reports, Congressional hearings, Government agency reports, court hearings, or depositions which are not sealed?
- Are you an “insider”, that is, a current or former employee of the potential defendant?